Thursday

Nina Beier at Laura Bartlett Gallery

The Nina Beier exhibition was quite disappointing, as the gallery itself was incredibly small. In fact, the group I went with couldn't all fit in the room at once. The art works were definitely affected by this as I didn't feel I could view and then connect with the pieces properly.

The exhibition itself included a number of covered canvas', by which I mean box shapes were fastened to the walls in the shape of what could have been canvas' and were covered in black fabric, which meant you were unable to see through it. We were told by the curator that underneath the fabric were Pop art posters and illustrations. I have to admit that I didn't appreciate this exhibition as much as others. Whether that was to do with me not connecting to the exhibition by not understanding it, or because of how claustrophobic I felt, the point missed me completely and I ended up feeling frustrated because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment